“We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” - Jawaharal Nehru

Monday, October 24, 2011

Relaxation

This weekend was filled with absolutely nothing! You just need that sometimes.

After getting off work on Friday I stopped by the store and picked up some items for dinner. Nick and I decided on cayenne pepper chicken with avocado salsa (we had made it before and it has quickly become one of our favorites) with rice and salad. It was delicious. For dessert I made a new recipe that I found on Pinterest. It was apple slices coated with cinnamon and then wrapped in crescent rolls. Of course, anytime I eat anything apple I have to have vanilla ice cream. There's just something missing if you don't! They turned out pretty good... next time I might try them without the skin.

Saturday Nick went for a short bike ride while I watched TV. Yeah, I should have been at the gym but I felt no motivation whatsoever! Nick and I did run a few errands when he got back. We went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond to get a few items we needed. We were in desperate need of new pillows. You just don't sleep well if you don't have a good pillow. Nick normally doesn't like to shop but I knew exactly what we needed so it didn't take long.

Afterwords we grabbed lunch at a sushi place around the corner. While we were there we decided to cook again. We stopped by the store and picked up the items we need as well as a pumpkin. I really wanted to carve a pumpkin!

The pumpkin design and carving was a team effort. Nick drew the outline and I carved! He had no interest in removing all the seeds... I, however, thought it was quite fun. Our pumpkin turned out pretty well... quite scary!


Super scary!

I made chili and fries for dinner. It was my first time making chili and I think it turned out pretty good. It was quite tasty! We made dessert again and of course I got the recipe from Pinterest. No real title for the recipe... it was marshmallows dipped in butter, then coated in cinnamon, and then wrapped in crescent rolls (I know, sounds familiar). I loved them! Add a little vanilla ice cream and you have a winner!


So good!

We watched the Texas Tech and OU football game. I only watched a little bit of it. Since it started late due to a weather delay the game didn't finish until 2am (eastern time). I kind of wish I had stayed up because.... WE WON! IN OKLAHOMA! Pretty amazing!


The score is blurry but we won!

Sunday was another day of doing absolutely nothing! I watched TV, read, cleaned a little bit. It was perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment