“We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” - Jawaharal Nehru

Sunday, May 13, 2012

A Little Bit Of Everything

Sometimes I feel like I'm always playing catch up with blogging. I need to get better about posting on a regular basis.

Last Thursday I went on a boat cruise on the Hudson with the soon-to-be graduating NYU MBA class. Nick and I weren't sure in the beginning if I would be able to attend because the tickets were reserved for the graduating class. Luckily a few opened up and I was able to attend (I later found out I was one of six non-stern people).

This was actually my first boat cruise. It was a clear day and you could see the sunset... the only downside? It was so cold. I have started to curse New York weather... I mean, really? It's the middle of May! So we only spent a few minutes outside taking some pictures before we had to return the warmth of inside.

We had a really great time. Nick had a great time just relaxing with his fellow classmates. It was quite a party. I am always surprised, even though I shouldn't be, how loud and crazy the class can get!



 


What a view!




Nick was out in Montauk for the weekend with the class again. The entire class spent the weekend on the beach relaxing. It was a chance for everyone to spend time together before everyone went their separate ways. Nick sent a few pictures and I am incredibly jealous he was able to spend the weekend at the beach with the nicest weather we have had to date. It is now expected that he takes me to what looks like to be a beautiful weekend escape!


This was the picture Nick sent me once he got off the train. Yeah, I was jealous!

I met up with Jenienne on Friday night for a girls night out. We met on the Upper West Side at Wine and Roses. It was this great wine bar that had some amazing food! I had one of the best glasses of wine I've had in a long time. We started with the meat and cheese platter and it was delicious. We then ordered the bruschetta (I really can't get enough) and the filet mignon flatbread pizza. That was unbelievable good! It was thin crust topped with filet mignon, gorgonzola cheese, and caramelized onions. I had such a great time with her - she is one of my favorite people in the city. I couldn't ask for a better friend!



Saturday was a day of cleaning, errands, etc. I am finalizing our trip to London... phone company, credit cards, packing list, etc. Everything that goes along with traveling out of the country. I also purchased Nick's graduation gift (post on that later in the week). So nothing too exciting.


All my clothes for London - I might need a bigger suitcase?!

And today is Sunday - Mother's Day.

I really have the best mom in the world. She is loving, beautiful, and selfless. As I have grown older she isn't only my mom but a great friend who I can count on and confide in. She has helped shaped the women I've become today. And for that I am grateful. I love you!



 

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment