“We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” - Jawaharal Nehru

Monday, April 23, 2012

Playing Catch Up

I've been a little MIA from blog posting. Sorry about that... more important things are taking up my time. Like Game of Thrones (but we will get to that in a minute).

Two weeks ago we had some great friends in town, Grant and Jill. We went to high school together but surprisingly didn't become friends until Jill and I attended nursing school together. Crazy how things work out. They were in town exploring the city for a few days so we met up for dinner on Friday night.

We took them to West Village... since that's the coolest area in the city. We grabbed dinner at my favorite pizza restaurant, Keste. Luckily we didn't have to wait for a table (this place is known for having quite the wait). The pizza was delicious and the company was even better. We hadn't seen them in a few years so it was great to play catch up. Afterwords we headed to our favorite gelato place for some dessert. Grant and Jill both enjoyed both places so the night was a success!

We showed them our tiny, tiny NYC apartment. They thought the kitchen was quite funny!


Jill and me

There wasn't much else to that weekend. Nick was in Philadelphia for a bike race so I spent some time just relaxing, reading, and watching movies.

This past weekend the weather was hit and miss. During the day on Friday is was apparently gorgeous but towards the end of the day it started to get cooler and more cloudy. I met Nick for dinner after the most crazy, busy day at work. I was in need of some unhealthy food. We decided to walk across the park to Shake Shack. A good burger was just what I needed to refuel. And it was perfection. Sometimes you just crave a really good burger. We made our way down to Jacques Torres for some chocolate chip and chocolate peanut butter cookies. A perfect way to end a hectic day!

Saturday the weather was absolutely gorgeous! Nick had a relatively quick race in the morning and I headed to the gym for a little while. Once we were both back and showered we decided to get out for a bit of shopping.

We headed downtown to Century 21. You can find some really good deals there. Nick found this button down work shirt that was some high end designer brand from Italy (I forget the name) for like $60 when it's originally $200. I say that was a great find! Nick actually had a few other purchases and I found a really cute clutch.

We headed to Union Square for some lunch at Grey Dog. Such a great little place! And well run which makes it high up on my list. Nick ordered breakfast for lunch (sausage and egg croissant) and I went with the BLT sandwich. I have to say that Nick's sausage and egg croissant was amazing. The egg, melted cheese, and fresh sausage was to die for. My mouth is watering as I write this. Also, I have to say they have some of the best raspberry lemonade I have ever had!



We made our way over to DSW afterwords and I lucked out with a brand new pair of wedges! They are quite cute. Last we headed to Nordstrom Rack where Nick lucked out with 2 pairs of shoes. I know... but his two pairs of shoes did cost what I paid for one. It was a successful day of shopping!

We stopped at ChickaLicious before we headed home for dessert. Molten chocolate cake and apple crisp... both with ice cream = heaven!


Mine (Nick said he thought mine was better - shocking since he loves molten chocolate cake)


Nick's

Sunday was a bust. It rained all day so we spent it on the couch watching Game of Thrones. We are seriously in love with this show. Everyone needs to check it out! You will love it!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment