“We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” - Jawaharal Nehru

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My Solo Weekend

This past weekend was pretty quiet. Nick was at his cycling race in Penn State. I decided to skip this one... 7 hours in a small bus with mostly guys didn't sound too much fun.

I came home from work on Friday night and was welcomed with a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a very sweet note. I won't go into the details of the note...some things should be kept personal ;)! My husband can be so sweet and full of surprises sometimes. It definitely was a great start to the weekend. I spent the night relaxing on the couch, watching TV, and reading my novel. Heaven.


Pretty!

Saturday morning I had a pretty early wake up call. I had my CPR renewal course. 4 very long hours of material that I believe could be covered in 2 hours. However, the instructor of this course was probably the best I have ever had. He made the material fun and engaging. My kind of instructor. Before I knew it the class was over. I am now officially re-certified in Basic Life Support (so glad I don't have to do that for another 2 years)!

Saturday was a nasty, cold, and rainy day. I made my way up to Bloomingdale's and did a little shopping before heading home for the evening.

Sunday was still cold. Seriously, I am ready for the warm weather to come and stay! Sundays are my lazy day. I went to the gym for about a 45 minute workout and then relaxed at home. Nick came home around 6ish that night. He proceeded to tell me about his amazing weekend...

He WON FIRST in the road race. So proud of him! This road race consisted of a 21 mile lap with approximately 9 of those miles being up a mountain. Not my idea of fun but Nick sure does love it! He also won 3rd in his time trail... such an impressive rider I married. He seems to have found a true passion!

Unfortunately no pictures of the races... we are going to have to work on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment