“We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” - Jawaharal Nehru

Monday, March 12, 2012

Wedding in Austin

This past weekend Nick and I flew to Austin, TX for my sister-in-laws wedding. It was a really... and I mean a really quick trip. Unfortunately Nick and I were not able to make the rehearsal dinner on Friday night because I had to work on Friday. It was really disappointing that we couldn't be there with our family.

My parents and Evan picked us up from DFW around 5pm on Friday. We made a quick stop to get some dinner on our way to Austin. Any guesses where we stopped? I'm sure you already know... anything Mexican. This time it happened to be On The Border because it was the first restaurant we saw. And it was amazing!

We finally made it to Austina around 10pm and I was exhausted. It had been a long day of traveling.

Saturday was a fairly relaxing day. We didn't have to be at the wedding until around 4pm so Nick and I hung out with his family. It was really nice to get to see everyone... Nick's whole family is in the Dallas/Austin/Houston area so we tend to miss a few things being all the way in New York!

The wedding was beautiful and the bride was gorgeous. Austin was experiencing a downpour the 3 prior days. Natalie had originally planned on an outdoor wedding but unfortunately due to the weather it was pushed inside. But, it was still beautiful! The bride and groom looked so happy together and I couldn't be happier for the two of them. Another addition to the family!


Getting ready for the festivities to begin


The Grounds - the green area was where the ceremony was suppose to be held but as you can see it was quite wet. It didn't matter though... the ceremony was gorgeous inside!


It's official! They are married!


First Dance


Cakes!


I just love him! He even got out on the dance floor with me... and it wasn't just slow songs either!


Me and my parents


Off they go!

Sunday Nick and I got up and had lunch with my family and Karen. It was a great way to end a very successful and happy weekend! My parents drove us back to Dallas where we caught an afternoon flight back to the city. Needless to say Nick and I are quite tired... but it was worth it.

Congratulations Natalie and Cory!

No comments:

Post a Comment