“We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” - Jawaharal Nehru

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day

Oh, Valentine's Day... I use to think it was such a special holiday. You know, get all dressed up, have an expensive dinner, and exchange romantic gifts. I'm past that now. Don't get me wrong I still enjoy the holiday but I don't feel it's necessary to do all that elaborate "stuff." You should appreciate and tell your special someone you love them everyday. It shouldn't just be this day.

I much prefer a simple card (I don't need presents - who would have thought!) and having a nice, chill night with the hubby. Nick and I decided to stay in and cook dinner/watch a movie. It was the perfect night.

Our meal consisted of a bottle of red wine, fresh garden salad, macaroni and cheese, peppercorn filet mignon, and scallops. It.Was.Delicious. I don't think we have ever made a meal that we enjoyed as much as this one. And to make it even better it was super easy... ready in less than 20 minutes! You really can't beat that. Oh, and don't forget dessert. I'll give you one guess... Apple pie and vanilla ice cream!


All the ingredients


Cooking in our very tiny kitchen


It was so nice to have his help... he hates to cook!


Doesn't it look delicious?! It was!

We watched Midnight in Paris while sipping our wine and savoring the wonderful food. The movie was pretty good... I think I enjoyed it more for the setting. I kept saying, "I remember that" or "I've been there." Love Pairs.

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment