“We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” - Jawaharal Nehru

Sunday, July 3, 2011

I'm Getting Good At Change

After adapting from Dallas to New York City life I think I can handle pretty much any change (or at least that's what I'm telling myself).

After almost a year in the city I have decided to start a new job. Still dermatology... just a different office. I am super excited about this new adventure!

Her name is Dr. Lisa Airan and she is located on 72nd between 5th and Madison. A little bit further than where I am now but still walking distance... which I LOVE!

Dr. Airan is a wonderful physician. It's a great opportunity to grow in my skills and learn about the industry. Another part of the lure of her practice is it's just her. No other doctors. I like to work for one doctor (or two) because you are able to develop a routine with that physician. You know them in and out.... you can predict what they need before they even have to say anything. And the patients notice that and appreciate that.

So like I said, I am REALLY excited. It could not have come at a better time!

The one tiny detail that is different with this new office... well back story first. I have worn only scrubs for the past 5 years. It's even longer than that if you count the years I was in nursing school. So for the past 5 years I have been able to wake up in the morning and go straight to my scrub section. Extremely easy.

Well at Dr. Airan's office the attire is "business casual." I get a white lab coat with my name embroidered on it to wear over my clothes. Can you believe that? How cool is that!? I will feel a little bit like a doctor!

After I got over the excitement of realizing I would be "dressing up" for work like so many other people; I realized I had absolutely NO business causal clothes. Like I said, it's been scrubs for the past 5 years!

What's a girl to do? Yes, shopping! And Nick couldn't say anything this time because it had to be done.

I headed down to Madison Park area on 5th Avenue and hit all the stores. Ann Taylor, Ann Taylor Loft, Banana Republic, Gap, etc. I wasn't having that much luck. Then I saw White House Black Market... I loved that store in Dallas and hadn't been in one since I left.

Well let's just say that White House Black Market was a HUGE success.... mainly due to the best salesman, Chris, I have ever met!

I met Chris as soon as I walked in the store. He introduced himself and asked what I was shopping for. I told him and he was like, "I've got this. Jenna, you continue to look around and I will grab you a few things."

I browse the store and grab a few items. Once I'm ready I head back to the dressing room. I walk in and stop in my tracks. It is packed with clothes and I mean packed! He managed to fill that dressing room in less than 5 minutes. I was shocked!

He then proceeded to tell me to start at the left side and work my way down. And he would take a look once I had the outfits on. I have to say I have never really been provided with this service before... but it was fantastic!

The clothes he picked out were perfect. There were a few items I didn't like but most of it was very stylish. The first classic black dress I put on was perfect! I also realized through Chris that I have been sizing myself wrong. I put on the one outfit I picked and stepped out for him to see. Let's just say he did not like my sizing choice... he was like, "Where did your curves go? You do know you are petite?" Haha! The whole time I was trying on clothes I was just enjoying the experience.

After an hour in the dressing room with all the clothes Chris picked out (I am telling you he knows his fashion) I had a huge start to my business causal wardrobe.

I loved every minute at that store with him. The experience could have been quite stressful... shopping for clothes you haven't worn in years. But, he made it great and he knew what he was doing!

I went home with a HUGE shopping bag and a great experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment