“We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” - Jawaharal Nehru

Sunday, July 10, 2011

4th of July

Last week was really busy. I didn't have a chance to upload our pictures from our holiday weekend.

It's pretty surprising how quickly everyone clears out of the city. It was eerily quiet in some parts. Nick and I just decided to have a relaxing weekend. We didn't have too much planned.

Friday night we had a awesome dinner at Chat Noir. It was this lovely restaurant. We had the best meal... the tomato mozzarella was amazing. Simply mouthwatering. I am still thinking about it a week later!

Saturday we spent the day roaming the city. We had some great BBQ and watched the women's World Cup game. We then headed to Pier 25 to play mini golf. Getting there was a little bit of an adventure. I will be the first to admit that I am not the best with directions. I thought I knew where I was going... but not so much. We ended up walking to where I "thought" the mini golf was but we didn't see it. Nick took a look on his phone and informed me that we were in fact still about 20 blocks away. Way too far to walk... we were tired of walking at that point.

We caught a cab and finally made it to the pier. We had a great time playing mini golf. It was hot but there was a nice breeze off the Hudson. It was just a really fun afternoon!

Sunday and Monday we pretty much just relaxed! It was really nice. We thought about heading to the West side to watch the fireworks but we really didn't want to get tangled in all those people. So we opted to watch it on TV.

It was the perfect relaxing holiday weekend! Enjoy some of the pictures we took!









No comments:

Post a Comment