“We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” - Jawaharal Nehru

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Acts of Kindness

I met Nick downtown after work on Monday night to meet up at this sporting store. NYU Stern Adventures was offering discount tickets on a weekend skiing trip to Killington, VT. We were definitley signing up.

I have NEVER been skiing before. It might be hard to believe but I was one of those people who grew up on water. You could always find me at the pool, lake, beach. Anything with fun in the sun and I was there. Not so much for cold weather and snow. But, I have always been interested in giving it a try. And now that we are in the northeast and much closer to skiing resorts.... it's time!

So we booked our trip for a weekend in February. Very excited! We decided to grab dinner at this Mexican place on the way home. We really should just give up on Mexican food here. New York just doesn't know how to do it. But that doesn't stop Nick and I from trying. But I guess that's really the point....trying to new places and finding the ones that make your list!

On the way back to the subway there was this homeless man on the side of the street asking for help. I'm not sure what it is about this time of the year but I feel like I have seen more people asking for help than before. It's really hard to walk past them. My heart breaks.

We didn't have any money to offer. So I continue to walk by but Nick slows down and hands our to go bag of food to the man. You really can just see how his face lights up and also just how hungry he is. Because as we leave he tears into the bag and starts eating.

Nick is very compassionate and generous. And I felt very proud of him in that moment. So I just had to give some props to him on our blog!

Love you babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment