“We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” - Jawaharal Nehru

Monday, June 11, 2012

Weekend Fun

Last week was Nick's first full week of work. Can you believe it? Time went by so incredibly fast.

He seems to be really enjoying the office and the team he is on. We really couldn't ask for more than that. You have to enjoy the place you go to work... you spend more time there than at home with your family.

I've had to get use to him being gone a lot more. With graduate school hours he was practically home all the time. Now he is out the door at 6:30am and home around 9:30pm every night. I miss him terribly during the week. So the weekend has now become our time to hang out.

I met him at his office on Friday night. We headed to the UWS for dinner at Wine and Roses. I had been here a while ago with Jenienne and loved it! It's such a a cute bar. Plus this wine bar has some really good food. We ordered some wine and chatted about his work week. We ordered the filet mignon flatbread pizza and the truffle mac-n-cheese. Delicious! We stopped by Coldstone on the way home for some ice cream too.



Saturday we decided to head to Brooklyn for the Williamsburg Food Market or otherwise known as "Smorgasburg." We had heard really good things about it and wanted to check it out. It did not disappoint. There were so many great food vendors there... I feel in love with this doughnut vendor. It's called Dough and I believe I have found the best doughnut ever! It was warm, fresh, and melted in my mouth. I was in doughnut heaven! Unfortunately I hate it too quick and didn't snap a picture!




Brisket!



Lobster Roll


S'more

 

We sat by the water and looked out over at the NYC skyline. It really is a beautiful sight and there isn't anywhere else like it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment