“We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” - Jawaharal Nehru

Friday, March 15, 2013

Blogging Haitus

So it's been a while since my last post. I hadn't intended on taking a break... it just happened. Maybe part of me felt blogging was overrated. Who really cares about your daily ins and outs of your life? But, eventually I decided it's a good way for friends and family to keep up with Nick and mines life. So here is a rather quick update of the last couple of months.

Mom's Visit to NYC
Mom came to play for a weekend. I always love when she comes - lots of good restaurants, shopping, and Broadway. We shopped - as evident of the Macy's and UGG bag below. We saw The Newsies - which was awesome. I absolutley loved that movie! I remember renting it all the time from Blockbuster. Oh, and we ate at... Buddakan, Cafeteria, EJ's. Delicious.




Christmas in Mississippi
Nick and I headed to Madison, Mississippi for Christmas. It was the first time we had been to visit since my parents moved from Dallas. I was really excited to see everyone and the house - I had heard a lot about the house.We spent a few days in New Orleans which was great. Such a cool city. The rest of the time we spent relaxing with the family!





















New Year's Eve
This year we spent the new year ringing in at Mike and Jenienne's. Love them and they always have the best parties. And this one did not disappoint. 80's theme! It was a blast - friends, drinks, and dancing! Every minute was a blast!
 
 

Vermont Ski Trip
Another Killington ski trip. This time minus the awful long bus ride. We went with our friends Chris and Niki and had a great time. It was cold. Really cold. I have determined I am such a warm weather girl. Saturday we had a great day of skiing. Sunday the temperature dropped and my knee hurt so I took it easy.


Atlantic City
It was the second weekend we spent with Chris and Niki. We were headed to Atlantic City to celebrate some 30th birthdays. The Revel, which was the resort we stayed at, was awesome. Loved it. Atlantic City - not so much. Dirty and ugly. It was a weekend of gambling! I was never really good at gambling... I had a hard time putting a $20 into a machine when I knew I could just keep the $20. I ended up playing the slot machines a lot. Nick took his chances with craps... we came out even by the end of the weekend. Not too bad. It was a great weekend!

 
 

Crawfish
I finally found a place that serves broiled crawfish! My favorite! It was delicious and we will definitely be going back!


Nick's 29th Birthday
Tuesday was Nick's birthday and we celebrated by eating at Maya... tasty Mexican! And for dessert - Magnolia Bakery. Sadly, there are no pictures of this celebration.

There you have it. A quick round up of what has been going on in our lives the last few months. Many more fun posts to come in the future!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're blogging again! I am in Australia and I live vicariously through you. I love hearing about all the restaurants you visit in NYC.

    ReplyDelete